Welcome

The reason one writes isn't the fact he wants to say something. He writes because he has something to say. F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

my crazy dream


no matter how many times you sky, when you first hop into the slopes, you are always a little rickety. I was going down the hill beside my mother, she weaved in and out as easily as a princess of hte slopes. I began to lose my balance and toppled into the snow, rolling and rolling ntil I was shaking. We were sitting in a car on our way to the museum. I don't know which museum.
My mother's mouth moved but the words were hallow, I smield and nodded until we pulled into a candy cane gate and opened the doors to a white castle. It was strange, on any other day I would make some smart-ass sarcastic remark. I just couldn't. Inside was a mine with white walls, people ran aorund with streamers and my choir teacher was conducting the choir. I was standing their, almost two years ago. I weaved to the music unti lmy fahter came stumbling over carrying a tray of eclairs in his hands, he held one out as he munched on a donut.
"I thought you were dieting." we had all been eating healthier, but damn those eclairs looked good. He just chuckled a laugh and walked off, the farther he got the older he became. His hair getting graying and his bald crown bigger and shinier. Soon he was nothing but a pile of ashes. I looked at my mother, something was off with the picture. SHe was laughing in the corner, her hand lightly touching Steve's shoulder. He is my stepfather...five years. But still I knew something was off in this room, creepy.
Now my father came back and he was in a mine car, I was just glad that even as a pile of ash and dust he was still kicking.
"Don't you wanna go on the ride?" then everyone gean to chant, telling me to get on the ride. I shrugged and got behind him in the mine car. My motehr go beside me and somehow we managed to fit into the teeny car.
"He is missing. Where is Willy?" my mom asked.
"Willy?" I asked as the car lurched off.
"Your brother. He is missing." I smiled, I didn't have a brother except Sean.

"Thats nice." she shrugged it off and pointed to a photo.
"You remember that day?" I shook my head. How could I? It was a blank white photo, nothing in it and on a plain white frame. We weaved through halls and my mothers skin began to get a green-blue glow as she weaved to the music, face plastered with a fake smile. We finally got back, my stomach queezy from the ride and their was the photo again. That whole ride had been like you would imagine riding in a mine car, up and down, twisting turning.
I stared at the photo and it began to swirl.
"That is my favorite day." said my mom as the world twisted like taffy. Suddenly we were in our old SUV, but it had crashed.
Had we ever even had an SUV?
"Good morning, sleepy head." we were in a tunnel and the light kept flashing. The tunnel was empty accept for one car here and their and a huge semi in front of us. "Willy, willy, willy, willy." she mummbled, looking around aimlessly. "Can't find him." she looked exactly the same as she always had, long brown hair.
Hadn't she cut it short?
A startled look went over her face. "Something important I was supposed to tell you, a big thing." she shrugged and whistled too fast, suddenly snapping her fingers. "School. Its starting." I nodded.
"I know." she handed me a backpack.
"Have fun." I was falling and landed in the back of a classroom, my fourth grade classroom, with my old friend Chloe P sitting at the desk in front of me. Except something strange was going on. Her slightly cocoa-d skinned body was teeny, tiny. Her head was the side of at least three water mellons. Everyones was.
"Two plus two equals four." the teacher repeated over and over, over and over, over and over. Fianlyl noticing me. "I broke my pencil. Your clothing is gone, get new stuff." I skipped away and walked through a veiled door, stepping into my third grade classroom wearing matching pink stitched socks and boys shorts, a brown tank top over it all. Through another door I was wearing a loose blue dress with shiny black shoes. My hair was still short. Another step and another.
"Come with me." a boy was suddenly their and took my hand, pointing to a door. "That way." I smiled and stepped outside, rounding the school and meeting a man.
"Where did the boy go?" I asked.
"We dont know." a few people mummbled as I walked into the office.
"Come we have some tests." I was wearing a eighties work out clothing and pulled onto a machine. It pulled and yanked me around efortlessly, stretching me like rubber. Now I was older, at least twenty, and the boy was sitting in a nurses chair wearing a silly hat.
"Eclair?" asked the nurse. I shook my head, so tempted, and the thing tugged at me until I was small again, not older then six. "Go back to class." I nodded and accepted the backpack she held out, wearing a little uniform. "A pencil for your teacher." she gave me a orange pencil. "Here is the boy." He took my hand and smiled. Brown hair, round face, pointed nose, angled eyes.
"Come on."
This writing belongs to me, blah, blah, blah.
-
-
Two weeks after this, today actually, I heard from Chloe after a little over a year and my mom said if she had another kid and it was a boy should would name him William Robert. I really wanted an Eclair, I missed my school orientation and put this up here.
Dreams do come true, in a creepy kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment